Sunday 28 August 2011

Monochromatic for CSAYL




I loved making this card for our challenge at Christmas Stamping All Year Round isMonochrome.  I wasn't too sure about this to start with but once I got started, LOADS of fun!  I went with blue, mixed with white as a neutral. I sprayed the snowflakes (which I had precut with nesties), roses, ribbon and sentiment with "frost" glimmermist which matches the DCWV paper I used. I then coloured my Lily Of The Valley image "Deck the Halls" to match the embellies and patterned paper with copics.  I touched up on the roses and the image with Stickles "Stardust".  I finished my snowflakes with liquid applique and stardust stickles allowing a days drying time before "puffing" with my heatgun and layering together.

This is my last challenge as a DT member for CSAYL. I have loved being on the team and MacKenzie has come up with awesome challenges each week and I am so far ahead with my Christmas cards.  Thanks to the whole team for being such a talented group of ladies and I will certainly be checking the blog out each week to see what they have been up to. 

I am entering my card into the following challenges........
Samuel Taylors - Christmas with a rubber stamp (4 6x6 Prima pads up for grabs!!!!!)
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a truly gorgeous card. The snowflakes look amazing.

    Thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends this week!

    Hugs,
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little teddy bear! Love how the bear is wrapped in the blue decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...