Tuesday 7 August 2012

Cute & Quick with Washi Tape


here briefly to share a cute, quick and easy project with washi tape and a cheapo note book.

I started with this cheap pen and notebook from our local discount store


I sealed the notebook with modge podge, once it was dry I painted the notebook white with acrylic paint.  When it was dry I covered with strips of washi tape, I also wound another design of tape around the pen.

 On the inside I stuck down white card to hide the ripped ends of the tape.

I added elastic to the back to make a band to flick around to the front to hold the notebook shut.  I also made a loop in the front to hold the pen in place.  I attached the elastic using my eyelet fastener and large eyelets
To finish I cut a banner with spellbinders a Ribbon banners die and fussy cut a balloon from one of the papers in the 6x6 Basic Grey "What's Up"paper pad.

And there you have it a quick and cute gift for a friend or just something cute for yourself.

5 comments:

  1. WOW - that is seriously cool!! Thanks so much for sharing it with WashiNZ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the idea and the great tape you used. Such a great gift! I was given a stack of notebooks from a friend and am thinking of decorating them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have too much Washi tape- love these designs on yours- I do not need another addiction! LOL Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a clever idea i love it
    hugs tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic way to use this tape! Your's turned out marvellously!

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...