Thursday 1 September 2022

Mix It Up Challenge - Smooshing

 This new DT is totally pushing me out my usual techniques!
I had never smooshed before, but now, I am going to be smooshing a whole lot more.
Seriously, this was so much fun and it looks amazing.

I enjoyed it so much, I made two cards.



This card uses squeezed lemonade, mowed lawn and salvaged patina distress inks
The images are from Catherine Pooler natural flourishes stamp set and I diecut them with the matching dies. i stamped them on vellum and embossed with AC embossing powder in Leaf, which I also used on the sentiment.  This card came together relatively quickly once I had tracked down my embossing buddy.



This card uses dried Marigold, tattered rose and saltwater taffy distress inks
I then heat set and sprayed with Tattered Angels pearl shimmer and added some gold flicks with my kmart watercolour paints.
The die is from Altenew and the hearts were cut using a heart border punch.  
This one was even quicker than the first card.

Hope you try the smooshing thing, honestly it is loads of fun.
Join us over at mix it up challenge and share your creation

Lou


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your colors on both cards are just gorgeous! Love the embossing on the vellum diecuts

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...