Monday 26 November 2012

Boo to Summer Colds! But Yay to Scrapbooking and Pretty Flowers

I am sneezing and snotting all over the place as I type this, feeling like a toxic mess.  Jodie and Zip are both suffering with me, poor little sweeties.  Although I was a bit over it at 1.00am this morning sitting in the lazyboy rocking Zippy and singing hush-a-bye over and over.  That is probably half the reason my throat is red raw.  But I did get to watch a pretty cool obscure movie, I think it was called "Believe in me" and it was about a highschool girls basketball team.  It was really good actually, so I guess I should thank my little Zip.

I actually finished another layout with last months Studio Calico Roller Rink kit......

 Yay, it's the Jodester learning to ride her trike :)  I am completely stoked with how this turned out.  Everything was out of the Roller Rink kit or addons apart from the Flair badge which is from Evalicious (there is a link on my sidebar)

I am entering this layout in the following Challenges....
Mema's Crafts - Scrap a Page
The Stamp Spot - Tags

And here is my baby girl making her very first layout at the tender age of 2 years and 11 months :)

And here is her finished layout, I am very impressed as the only thing I did was hand her the letter stickers and slightly straighten them for her.  She is such a clever girl although I do worry about what she will expect to be allowed to use from my stash in a few years.


 And here are some gorgeous roses from my garden to brighten your day :)

Thanks loads for coming by :)


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you on your daughter riding her bike and doing a layout of her own already! Love that you encourage her at her tender age! So great. I don't doubt she will be awesome at it with you as her teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the cold... I know it can be a challenge to care for others and ourselves, at the same time...

    Another gorgeous and inspirational layout. You are so talented and obviously, so is your little one ...Can't believe she did that with little help! So creative. For sure, you'll have to worry about your stash of crafts!

    Your roses are ah-mazing! It's my very favorite flower and I can never tire of seeing them or smelling them. Shoot, I even like to feel their soft petals.

    Nitty Gritty Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Layout as always! Love the beautiful flowers from your garden and your daughter is super cute! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cute layout Louise.
    luv
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of accomplishments for you and your daughter, she riding her bike and doing a layout as well. I am sure she will mimic her mom and be just as awesome.

    I am thrilled you joined the challenge at Mema's Crafts. Knowing there are still crafters that enjoy layouts inspires me, and I hope to see more of your work in the coming months.

    Hugz
    Lesia
    www.memascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Louise, beautiful layout and I love how you have incorporated a journalling tag. Tell your daughter her layout is wonderful and to keep scrapping ... maybe you will have to get her a 'baby bigshot' machine! (LOL if there is such a thing!). Thanks for joining us in The Stamp Spot monthly challenge. Hope to see you enter in next months one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous layout and pictures. Jodie did a great job on her layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. deeeeelightful! as i type my 2 and 4 yr olds are up at the table with me creating christmas decorations with scraps of paper and glue and sticky tape. hope you get a better night sleep x

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...