Friday, 30 November 2012

Only 25 Sleeps To Go

REMEMBER TO ENTER MY BLOG CANDY

Tomorrow is the 1st of December EXCITING!  I am not sure what it is about this Christmas, but I am so amped it is almost ridiculous.  I am totally into everything this year including decorating outside the house.  I think having the kids pressies so under control has definitely helped.  Yay for one day deal lol.
So just my brother, SIL, nephew and Mummy to buy for and I am off to PN tomorrow so I will will get that sorted then.

I made this card for a challenge on YouTube by BACraftygirl which was to create a Winter/Holiday/Christmas Card with 3 stars, 2 Diecuts, 2 stamps and glitter. Here is what I came up with....


The image is from High Hopes and is quite an old one so I am not sure if it is still available.  I coloured it up with Prismacolor Pencils.  The papers are Jolly Days by Cosmo Cricket and the cardstock is Stampin Up.  I used liquid appliqué on the fur on the image.   The chipboard stars are some really old ones I have been hoarding which were originally plain but i pushed them onto my Brilliance galaxy gold inkpad then heat set them.  Once they were dry I added rock candy distress stickles.  The diecuts are from k&co and are vellum which I inked with antique linen distress ink so they weren't so starkly white against the card.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I inked around the edges of the papers with galaxy gold brilliance ink.


I am entering my card in the following challenges....
Inspired by - I chose Santa :)
Crimbo Crakers - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Flourishes - Use Gold or Silver
Papertake - Free for all


Thanks loads for coming by my blog :)




9 comments:

Laurel said...

OH that is such a cute Santa, love it! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

Kelly H said...

WOW - beautiful... I have never heard of liquid applique before but the final look is amazing! My first time seeing such a thing.

Nitty Gritty Momma

FiLoMa said...

This is a lovely card. Father Xmas is so cute. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

Marcy said...

Awesome Christmas card! Love the star embellishments and Santa's fur! :)

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining in with the PTW challenge. Mary G x

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Love the cute image and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

gale said...

Love this! I really like those "old" chipboard stars and the santa is so cute. Love how you did the fluffy parts puffy.

Tip Top said...

Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Tip Top said...

Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers